- TerraPay was acquired by a consortium of investors including Prime Ventures and Partech from Mahindra Comviva, a global leader in mobile solutions.
- This investor consortium, joined by IFC, participated in a capital increase to fund TerraPay’s global expansion.
- Kempen & Co acted as financial adviser to TerraPay in its sale and capital increase and supported the company in, amongst others, attracting and forming an international consortium of renowned investors with complementary expertise and networks, crafting of the equity story, finetuning of the business plan, coordination of due diligence, transaction structuring, management participation & incentive schemes and negotiations.
- TerraPay is a leading fintech and payments company.
- The company helps people around the world to transfer money instantly, safely and affordably. TerraPay’s cutting-edge B2B payments infrastructure enables any bank, mobile money operator, money transfer operator or payment service provider to connect via one single integration and facilitates a game-changing seamless end-to-end customer payment experience. Hence, the platform plays a key role in enabling interoperability necessary for true financial inclusion across the globe, thereby making a significant contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) set by the Unitied Nations.
- TerraPay has obtained over 25 (payment intermediary and money transfer) licenses to operate in over 60 countries in Africa, Asia and Europe and is expanding globally.
- Since inception TerraPay has built a large partnership network with global money transfer companies including Western Union, Visa, Xpress Money, Paga, Instant Cash, Ripple and MoneyGram.
- The company was founded in 2014 by its current management team Ambar Sur (CEO), Ram Sundaram (COO), Ani Sane (CBO) and Akbar Hussain (CLCO).