- The transaction comprised c.15.3m shares, equal to c.10% of pre-deal outstanding share capital, and priced at €12.60 per share, a 2.0% discount versus the previous closing price of €12.86
- Gross proceeds amount to €193m and will be used to fund further growth through acquisitions, including c.€87.4m for the acquisition of two properties in Hamburg and Stuttgart that have already been secured. Remaining funds will be used for further acquisitions or repayment of debt including a potential cash settlement of the convertible bond
- The orderbook was multiple times oversubscribed; allocations were scaled back severely and concentrated towards existing shareholders and wall-crossed accounts. The top 20 investors in the orderbook took c.75% of the transaction
- Kempen generated substantial demand with a strong focus on US and European generalist investors and momentum players as well as Real Estate specialist investors
- On the first trading day post pricing, Kempen traded 4.4m shares (€55.3m) in alstria, equal to almost 50% of total daily volume, underpinning Kempen’s top trading position in alstria 2017-2018TYD (#1 in high touch, #2 overall)
alstria is focusing solely on German office property in selected German markets. It owns a €3.2bn portfolio, which comprises 119 building with a lettable area of 1.6m sqm.