Kempen has won Fiduciary Manager of the Year for the second year in a row
Proud to win the award for the second year in a row.
Kempen is firmly established in Europe as a strong player in fiduciary management, with carefully managed growth which allows us to deliver the highest level of service.
Over the last year we have seen strong inflows and growth, as well as unequivocally market leading investment performance over the quarter, 12 months and 3 year periods to 31 March 2020. In addition to one of the strongest performance of the fiduciary manager peer group (Source XPS), we achieved this with a lower level of risk than all of our peers.
In the 12 months to 31 March 2020, Kempen recorded strong growth, winning 5 new fiduciary management mandates in competitive tender, as well as retaining a client that undertook a CMA-driven review, ranging from £18m in size to £900m. The combined total assets of new UK client mandates awarded over this period amounted to £1.8bn.
The common feature of our decision making has been the goal to build robust portfolios. In our view, some market surprises cannot be prevented, but most of them can be managed, even if you don’t know what form the surprise will take.
- Robust in terms of real diversification, not ‘diworsification’ (taking the theme of diversification to a spurious degree – which is alarmingly common
- Robust in terms of our risk exposures and preventing there being any large dominant drivers. And of course robust in the integration of their investment risks with sponsor covenant risks.
- Robust in terms of operational risks, so that our portfolios could deal with large market swings.
- Robust in terms of our relationship with our clients. This is likely one that doesn’t have a quantitative and clear-cut answer like the others, but one that is keenly felt by investors.
- Robust in terms of deploying our market leading ESG skillset to stay well ahead of regulatory requirements.
Profile Kempen Kempen Capital Management is a specialist asset manager with a focused approach and a clear investment philosophy. We believe in long-term stewardship for our clients and other stakeholders. Kempen provides sustainable returns, fiduciary management services, manager selection, portfolio construction and monitoring, alongside a number of actively-managed investment strategies. As of 30 June 2019, Kempen Capital Management had a total of €72.7 billion in client assets under management.
Kempen Capital Management, part of Van Lanschot Kempen, is a specialist and independent wealth manager. Kempen Capital Management NV is licensed as a manager of various UCITS and AIFs and authorised to provide investment services and as such is subject to supervision by the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets.