- Kempen advised Van Oord on the acquisition of MPI Offshore, a specialist offshore wind installation contractor, from Vroon Group
- The acquisition includes the MPI Offshore organization in Stokesley (United Kingdom), the vessels MPI Adventure and MPI Resolution, and associated crew and contracts
- By acquiring MPI Offshore, Van Oord will further strengthen its global wind organisation and in particular its position in the UK wind market
- This acquisition follows a number of strategic add-ons in recent years, which include the acquisition of Bilfinger’s offshore wind activities and Ballast Nedam offshore operations.
- Van Oord is a Dutch family-owned company with 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor. The focus is on dredging, oil & gas infrastructure and offshore wind.
- In 2017, Van Oord recorded a turnover of more than EUR 1.5 billion. Its head office is in Rotterdam. Van Oord employs approximately 4,500 staff, who worked in 2017 on 180 projects in 42 countries.
- The fleet consists of more than one hundred vessels. Marine ingenuity is characteristic of Van Oord. By using innovative, smart and sustainable solutions, they want to contribute to a better world for future generations. In 2018, the company is celebrating its 150th anniversary.