- Placement of 10,454,545 ordinary shares at a price of USD 5.50 per share, representing a discount of 11.6% vis-à-vis the pre-launch closing price
- Gross proceeds amount to c. USD 57.5 million following the option to purchase additional ordinary shares were exercised in full and are expected to be used to advance clinical development of its product candidates, including sepofarsen, QR-421a and QR-1123, to progress other pipeline candidates, and for general corporate and working capital purposes
- Orderbook closing was extended to 7.30am ET the next day to allow European and Israeli investors to participate in the transaction
- Kempen’s added value in ProQR’s US public offering originates from onboarding both European and Israeli specialist investors
- This successful offering marks Kempen’s second US transaction for ProQR (role ‘upgraded’ to underwriter from Financial advisor in the company’s 2018 capital increase), and Kempen’s seventh US transaction in underwriting capacity since obtaining its US license over a year ago
ProQR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of transformative RNA medicines for the treatment of severe genetic rare diseases such as Leber’s congenital amaurosis 10, Usher syndrome type 2 and autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa using its unique proprietary RNA repair platform technologies. ProQR Therapeutics was founded in 2012 and has been listed on NASDAQ since 2014.