- Placement of 5,015,000 new shares, c. 10% of Oncopeptides’ outstanding share capital, at a placement price of SEK 145 per share, representing a 8.9% discount to the last closing price
- The accelerated bookbuilding process generated strong demand from long-only Life Sciences specialist and generalist investors as well as momentum players from both Europe and the United States
- The book was multiple times covered and allocations were focused around wallcrossed investors as well as current shareholders
- Transaction proceeds are envisaged to fund the scale up of commercial and medical operations to prepare for the US market launch of melflufen, expansion of ongoing clinical development, and other corporate purposes
- This transaction marks the fifth Life Sciences capital markets transaction Kempen has executed this year, and the second transaction in the Nordics this year in which Kempen acted as Joint Bookrunner, underpinning our ambition to work with innovative companies in this region
Oncopeptides is a pharmaceutical company focused on the development of targeted therapies for difficult-to-treat hematological cancers. The company is focusing on the development of the lead product candidate melflufen, a novel lipophilic peptide conjugated alkylator, belonging to a new class of drugs called Peptidase Enhanced Cytotoxics (PEnC). Melflufen is in development as a new treatment for the hematological cancer multiple myeloma, including the Phase 2 pivotal trial HORIZON currently underway and a global confirmatory Phase 3 trial (OCEAN) continuing enrolment.