Accelerated bookbuild offering - Joint bookrunner Medivir
Kempen is pleased to announce that it acted as Joint Bookrunner in the first 2018 capital increase in continental European Life Sciences
- Placement of 3,968,841 new shares, representing 20% of Medivir’s pre-deal outstanding share capital, at an issue price of SEK 39 per share, resulting in gross proceeds of SEK 155 million
- The pre-launch market sounding exercise and accelerated book-building process generated strong demand from Swedish and international Life Science specialist investors as well as current large shareholders, resulting in a multiple times covered order book
- Kempen was involved in more than two-third of the final allocations to international specialist investors, thereby strongly delivering upon the company’s goal to diversify its shareholder base
- Transaction proceeds are envisaged to be used for general business purposes, including ongoing research, as well as completion of the MIV-711 phase IIa study and the birinapant phase I/II study, start and completion of the MIV-818 phase I study, and preparation for the start of the pivotal phase III CTCL study for remetinostat
- The transaction marks the first 2018 capital increase in continental European Life Sciences and the second successful Scandinavian deal for Kempen’s Life Sciences franchise in less than two months following the SEK 401 million placement of Wilson Therapeutics shares in December 2017
Medivir is a research-based pharmaceutical company with a focus on oncology. Medivir has a leading competence within protease inhibitor design and nucleotide/nucleoside science and they are dedicated to develop innovative pharmaceuticals that meet great unmet medical need. Medivir is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm Mid Cap List (ticker: MVIR).