- The transaction comprised of 3.9 million primary shares at a placement price of EUR 8.00 per share, generating EUR 31.2 million in gross proceeds
- The pre-launch market sounding exercise indicated firm support to the transaction, allowing the accelerated bookbuilding process to generate strong demand from US and European Life Science specialist and generalist investors, resulting in a well oversubscribed orderbook
- Transaction proceeds are envisaged for the continuation of the Phase III clinical trial for ATIR101 in the United States, Canada and Europe, and to further prepare ATIR101 for commercialization in Europe
- Kempen has led the Euronext IPO of Kiadis Pharma in 2015 and has since continued to support the Company in its outreach to specialist investors
- This successful offering marks the 10th Life Sciences transaction Kempen has executed this year, amounting to a total transaction value of approximately EUR 900 million year to date
Kiadis Pharma is developing its lead product candidate, ATIR101, for use in conjunction with haploidentical (genetically half-matched) hematopoietic stem-cell transplantations (HSCT) for adult blood cancers to address key limitations of haploidentical HSCT, without prophylactic immunosuppression and its associated morbidity and mortality. Based on the positive results from the single dose Phase 2 CR-AIR-007 study, the company submitted a marketing authorization application to the European Medicines Agency in April 2017 for approval of ATIR101 as an adjunctive treatment in haploidentical HSCT for high risk adult hematological malignancies. If the product is conditionally approved, Kiadis Pharma intends to launch ATIR101 through its own commercial organization in a first EU member state in the second half of 2019. In December 2017, Kiadis Pharma commenced an international, multicenter, randomized and controlled Phase 3 clinical trial of ATIR101 against the Post-Transplant Cyclophosphamide, (PTCy) protocol, the main protocol used to perform a haploidentical HSCT.