Global offering - Adviser Celyad
- The transaction of 2,000,000 ordinary shares, comprised of 1,717,391 ADSs and 282,609 ordinary shares. Each ADS represents the right to receive one ordinary share
- The offer price was set at USD 10.00 per ADS and at €9.08 per ordinary share
- Gross proceeds amount to c. USD 20 million (c. €18.2 million) and will be used, among others, to advance the development of CYAD-01, CYAD-101, CYAD-02, additional product candidates in its CYAD-200 series, and for general corporate purposes
- In line with last year’s raise, the orderbook was kept open for 24h allowing European, Israeli and US investors to join the transaction
- Kempen’s added value in Celyad’s global offering originates from outreach to both European and Israeli specialist investors
- This transaction builds on the long-standing relationship between Celyad and Kempen, which started with its Euronext IPO in 2013. This successful offering marks Kempen’s fifth US transaction in underwriting capacity since obtaining its US license one year ago. Over the past twelve months, Kempen was involved in fourteen life sciences ECM transactions with an aggregate deal value exceeding €1.7 billion
Celyad is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of specialized CAR T-cell based therapies. Celyad utilizes its expertise in cell engineering to target cancer. Celyad’s Natural Killer Receptor based T-cell platform has the potential to treat a broad range of solid and hematologic tumors. Its lead oncology candidate, CYAD-01, has been evaluated in a single dose escalation Phase 1 clinical trial to assess the safety and clinical activity of multiple administrations of autologous CYAD-01 cells in seven refractory cancers including five solid tumors (colorectal, ovarian, bladder, triple-negative breast and pancreatic cancers) and two hematological tumors (acute myeloid leukemia and multiple myeloma). Celyad was founded in 2007 and is listed on the Euronext Brussels and Euronext Paris exchanges since 2013 and on NASDAQ since 2015.