Life Sciences & Healthcare Newsletters
Kempen European Life Sciences M&A update
- Bi-monthly update on Mergers & Acquisitions of European Life Sciences companies
- Provides insights on the current M&A climate, recent developments, transactions and other relevant insights in the field of M&A
- Example analysis from the November 2017 M&A update below
Origin of targets in European Life Sciences & Healthcare M&A
- In total, 197 transactions with European targets took place since 2016
- Most targets came from Germany (37), followed by the UK (31) and France (26)
- The majority of targets came from the Medtech sector (51), with CRO/CMO (30) and Diagnostics (28) taking the second and third place
- Medtech companies were the most popular targets due to the continuing consolidation in the sector, amongst other rationales
Kempen European Life Sciences ECM update
- Monthly update on Equity Capital Markets of European Life Sciences companies
- Provides insights on market developments, financing transactions, share price developments and other relevant insights in the field of ECM
- Example analysis from the November 2017 ECM update below
Number of European Life Sciences ECM transactions on selected European stock exchanges over the last 5 years
- Euronext Paris represents the most active European stock exchange for European Life Sciences companies, with 67 transactions since 2013 raising almost EUR 2.1bn.
- SIX Swiss Exchange saw the largest total deal volume since 2013 totalling EUR 2.4bn.
- For 2017 year-to-date, most transactions (#15) took place on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange for a total deal value of EUR 1.2bn.
- For the selected exchanges, the annual number of transactions has continuously increased from 26 in 2013 to 56 transactions in 2016.