Life Sciences & Healthcare Newsletters
Kempen European Life Sciences ECM update
- Monthly update on Equity Capital Markets of European Life Sciences companies
- Provides insights on market developments, financing transactions, share price developments and other relevant insights in the field of ECM
- Example analysis from the December 2018 ECM update below
Pricing discounts in European Life Sciences ECM transactions (2016-2018YTD)*
- Private Placements (PPs) are regularly executed by means of a private investment in public equity (“PIPE”) or accelerated bookbuild offering (“ABB”). Over the last three years, PPs closed with a median discount of 7.7%, and a min-max range between 1.3 – 25%.
- Rights Issues typically allow corporates to raise more capital than via PIPE or ABB. Market exposure and discounts are substantially higher, with a median discount to TERP of 18.8% over the last three years, and a min-max range between 0.2 - 38.6%
Source: Dealogic, Kempen analysis as per 28 November 2018
* Deal size > €10m. Discount to TERP is applied for rights issues
Kempen European Life Sciences M&A update
- Bi-monthly update on Mergers & Acquisitions of European Life Sciences companies
- Provides insights on the current M&A climate, recent developments, transactions and other relevant insights in the field of M&A
- Example analysis from the November 2018 M&A update below
- The 25 largest pharma companies have seen market cap and cash levels to increase steadily over the last years
- M&A financing through equity and/or cash has become increasingly available
- Management will likely be pushed by investors to deploy its resources for value-creating M&A acquisitions
Source: Kempen analysis, CapitalIQ
Analysis methodology: Selection of the 25 largest pharmaceutical companies based on market cap. For 2016 and 2017, year end figures have been used.
Analysis based on data as reported on 1 November 2018.