- We act as long-term stewards to generate attractive returns while considering the interests of all stakeholders.
- We integrate ESG factors throughout our investment process to achieve better risk adjusted returns.
- We prefer inclusion over exclusion to more efficiently bring about change by working with companies.
- We engage as active owner to drive the sustainability of a company.
- We allocate capital towards sustainable companies to achieve positive real world impact.
Sustainable Investing is the greatest opportunity for change
1. Leave out meat from one meal a week
You can save 99 kg CO₂ emissions a year (assumed 100gr minced beef)
2. Shortening your shower by 2 minutes
You can save 109 kg CO₂ emissions a year
3. Skip one flight a year to Paris
You can save 150 kg CO₂ emissions (a return flight from Schiphol to Paris)
4. Move your retirement savings to our sustainable fund
You can save 6,141 kg CO₂ emissions per 100k invested in our Global Sustainable Equity Strategy versus the MSCI World
Putting your savings in sustainable funds can be 18 times more efficient than the other activities combined.
We are on a journey
Kempen has a strong commitment to long-term investing and sustainable value creation for all stakeholders. Sustainability is integrated throughout the organisation and our investment activities as we keep innovating and advancing in our journey.
To put our mission and vision into practice we engage with our investee companies on a wide array of strategic, financial and ESG topics. As an active owner we use our influence to consistently encourage positive change.
We organise our responsible investment activities across four pillars:
Responsible Investment in practice
We believe we increase our impact and stewardship when we directly engage with the companies and fund managers we invest in. We deliberately opt for dialogue with the companies we invest in and with external fund managers. This dialogue or ‘engagement’, allows us to encourage companies to improve policies and practices in which specific ESG issues have been identified.
READ OUR ANNUAL STEWARDSHIP AND RESPONSIBLE INVESTMENT REPORT OF THE YEAR 2019:
Publications Responsible Investment
Our Fiduciary Management and Client Solutions team consider ESG issues through all parts of the manager selection and monitoring process. From initial shortlisting to due diligence and post-contract monitoring.
We offer a wide range of possibilities to incorporate ESG criteria.
Please click here for an overview of our Fiduciary approach and implementation of ESG.
In every aspect of our business, our commitment is simple: we focus on delivering stable outperformance in the long run with environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria fully incorporated into our investment process.
As an active owner we engage with our investee companies and use our influence to encourage positive change.
For an overview of our strategies and their sustainable focus, please click here.